The Classic Comedy Match - Every Friday & Saturday at 8:00pm
Finally, you've found a fun, fast-paced comedy show that's great for the whole family, great for business entertainment and great for groups of all types. It's ComedySportz®, improvisational comedy played as a sport in many cities nationwide, and in Europe, by member companies of CSz Worldwide. We’ve been bringing the funny around the world since 1984 - in Portland since 1993.
A Sporting Event Like No Other!
A ComedySportz® match features two teams of professional players competing for laughs and points, with a referee keeping things moving and calling fouls. An average of seven to twelve games are played during a match, drawn from a repertoire of over a hundred improv games. In "Shakespeare" a team will improvise a scene inspired by an audience suggestion in Shakespearian style. In "Forward/Reverse" the referee sends the scene back and forth at will, as though scanning a scene in a DVD, sending the players into a frenzy. Every show is different, with different players, different games, and different fans supplying new suggestions. The fans judge the scenes and games and ultimately decide the winners and losers. ComedySportz® also asks “willing volunteers” to join us for a game or two each match, and we make them look great!
It's the longest winning streak in any sport, anywhere.
ComedySportz is fast-paced, hilarious and clean improv comedy. Now in our 26th season (over 1300 straight weekends of shows), we are Portland's longest-running show.
We haven't missed a weekend since May of 1993. Really.
Because everything is improvised, no two matches are alike. Fans never see the same thing twice, and they return again and again to cheer on their favorite players and teams. We keep playing because our fans make this more fun than we can imagine. Check it out for yourself!
Every Friday and Saturday Night at 8:00pm
Suitable and fun for all ages. This truly is the one show that makes everybody laugh.
- WHEN: Friday at 8 p.m., Saturday at 8 p.m. Doors open at 7:30pm
- WHERE: CSz Portland Arena, 1963 NW Kearney St., 97209. Here are directions and a map.
- HOW MUCH: Just $15 with advance ticket purchase. Our highly flexible ticket policy lets you make changes or cancel your tickets until noon of the day of the show. Tickets are also available at the door, subject to availability.
- DATE NIGHT PACKAGE: Two VIP tickets, two set of Judge Wapners™, two glasses of Oregon Wine, a bean-to-bar chocolate bar to share from Creo Chocolate. Add the laughs, and it's everything you need! $55 for two - even saves a few bucks off of list price. (You can substitute beer, cider or soft drinks for the wine. Totally cool.)
- HOW TO PURCHASE: Call 503.236.8888 x2, or purchase tickets on-line. We accept cash, checks, VISA, MasterCard, AMEX and Discover.
- WHY BUY IN ADVANCE? Sometimes you can't get a seat without an advance ticket purchase, that's why. You also get better seats than folks who buy at the door.
- GOT A GROUP? We've got special deals just for groups.
Other Important Show Details
- Free parking almost right next door.
- Smoke-free, family-friendly atmosphere
- Concessions available - sugar in liquid and solid forms, plus local beer/wine/ciders and incredible chocolate.
- All ages welcome
ComedySportz® Minor League
Sundays at 6:00pm - the same great show format performed by members of our Minor League, the up and coming players!
- $6.00 general admission at the door - doors at 5:40pm
- CSz Portland Arena, 1963 NW Kearney St
- No advanced purchase available
- Free parking in our nearby lot
- A great budget option for families
- Check the sidebar show listings for the next date(s); This may display at the bottom of the page, depending on your device.
- Contact Director Brooke Chamberlain (brooke (at) cszportland.com) for information